02 November 2012

Galaxy Mini CM10 Jelly Bean by TheWhisp


Today I will present you the latest Android 4.1 OS, also known as Jelly Bean, or CM10. I was pretty sceptic when I first heard that there was a port for Galaxy Mini. I tough it was very lagy and unstable like the ICS port, but thankfully, I was wrong. Actually Its really smoth and a whole bunch of things really work. I even used it for a few days but, I don't fully recommend it for daily use. Battery consumption isn't enormous like I tough it will be, but it isn't perfect.


Change log from the latest five releases:


  • Updated with CM sources
  • Fixed notification glitch
  • Using new RIL class (which should fix "unknown call", I can't test since I don't have the problem)
  • Re-fixed PIN lock* Android 4.1.2
  • Some tweaks for GPS by Mardon
  • Fixed data usage settings
  • GPS should work now
  • Fixed calculator
  • Fixed data graph background (with a little "hack", thanks to ic92 for pointing out where the problem is)
  • Fixed network location (no other modifications required)
  • Fixed issue that Google location services prevented device from entering deep sleep
  • Improved CRT animation performance
  • Fixed calendar and weather layouts on lock screen (thanks to mr.faridcom)
  • Improved UI performance (some additions in kernel)
  • Improved battery usage data accuracy
  • Removed some things to save some space on /system (system size: ~153MB)

Download and flash

  1. Download the newest release from here.
  2. Copy the downloaded file to the SD Card on your phone.
  3. Go to Recovery Mode.
  4. Do a nandroid backup of your current ROM, just in case some things go wrong.
  5. Wipe Date & Cache.
  6. Flash the Rom that you downloaded before.
  7. Flash Gapps (gapps-jb-20121017-KonstaKANG.zip).
  8. Reboot your device.
I think you will like the newest Android OS on Galaxy Mini, but you will see that we'll need to wait a bit longer for a release for daily use.

25 comments:

  1. It is stable? it is not good for everyday use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, but it has its advantages compared to stable versions like Gingerbread based ROMs

      Delete
  2. So, Actually your think where is best rom for galaxy mini???.. I now use chochobread v2.2 rom,and i think this rom was great for daily usage.. please send your reply to my email address. Big Thanks to you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently use the official CyanogenMod and I'm satisfied in terms of stability and performance :D

      Delete
  3. Since it's been a long time since this came out, do you think it's stable enough now for everyday use or would you recommend icecreamsandwich over it? Actually would you recommend anything over both of them too?
    I'm tempted to take my first trip into custom roms and am caught between taking the vanilla gingerbread one to remove the unnecessary bloat added by the network on one hand, and actually taking advantage of the features in later versions of android on the other.
    Long time Linux user but was never motivated enough to do this and now I'm thinking I may Jr well. The phone is old enough to be replaced but I'd like it to keep up with the modern world instead of throwing it aside like an old wife.
    Cheers anyway and thanks for the great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For beginners, I would recommend you to try the CM7 RC5.7 by Squadzone.
      After that you can try other versions of the OS, like ICS or JB. Also, I noticed that my phone makes more heat when using a Custom ROM, compared to the stock ROM.
      Good luck man :)

      Delete
  4. I always ends up with this "The file you requested was not found"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi You Really Rock. . . Thanks for your update... Am going to upgrade from Emanon to this above CM 10 jb Now. Any e?
    settings i can do after upgrade for improving performance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. overclocking and maybe some changes in graphic rendering
      good luck :)

      Delete
  6. Hey I have android 4.0.4 on my galaxy mini and have partitioned my sd card will it cause problem while flashing other custom roms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bad experience with partitioning my sd card, so I won't experiment with that any more. I'm currently using ICS and as far as I know, there shouldn't be any problems with that sort of things.
      Some custom ROMs, usually the older ones, don't support ext sd card memory.
      Any way, good luck if you try that :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok thanks for the information. So what you are saying is that there won't be problem if i flash this jelly bean rom even if i have partitioned my sd card. If it does then what happens does our mobile get bricked ??? Please reply fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your phone won't get bricked if you flash this ROM.
      I'm 99.99% sure that your SD card will remain working with no problems. There is 0.01% chance that you damage your SD card, but I'm sure that that won't happen.
      Good luck :)

      Delete
  9. Hey i tried jelly bean of rohan001 and it is totally awesome you should try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sto ne pises srpski da te svi razumijemo :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ima vise citalaca koji znaju da citaju Engleski nego Srpski.

      Delete